Namaskar!! Hello from India!
I am pleased to inform you that I arrived at the YWAM base all in one piece (and my cello all in one piece too!).
I left Canada and my family at the Vancouver airport on Thursday evening, then flew (my very first time on an airplane!) overnight to London where I spent 7 hours roaming the airport. After that, I took another night flight to Mumbai. After a few movies and a few short naps, I arrived in Mumbai.
An hour before I landed in Mumbai, I was pretty nervous and excited, but then I looked up a verse that a friend of mine (Kelsey) had given me. It was a portion from Psalm 139, and it was so touching! BUT when I read the whole entire Psalm I was even more astonished (go look it up. It’s too much for me to type out :P). Verse 2 talks about how God is with us wherever we are, whether we are traveling or whether we are at home. That was EXACTLTY what I needed!! The Holy Spirit is an amazing comforter!
When it came to landing, I was praying so hard that they would accept me at customs etc., and that I would find the YWAM staff who was picking me up. But of course, God knows ALL of my needs even before I ask Him.
Everything went smoothly. I picked up my bag and cello, and headed towards the airport entrance. As soon as I stepped outside the door, I saw a guy holding up a sign that said “ZOE” in large letters. The staff member (Rounaq) was very welcoming as we made our way to the taxi and drove to the village where the base is.
From the moment I stepped foot off the plane, everything was different. There was so much for me to take in; the smells, the sounds, the heat, and the look of things. Everyone back home said to be extremely careful about my belongings. I was paranoid and a little scared! But, aside from my nerves being somewhat out of wrack, everything went smoothly. Traffic in Mumbai is, for lack of a better word, crazy! There are lines on the streets, but no one follows them. Everyone just drives wherever there is room, honking even though it’s helpless.
The drive was about two and a half hours, and the surroundings closer to the base were absolutely gorgeous and lush. As we were driving up the mountain, I saw a monkey on the side of the road! I couldn’t believe it. I took a picture and was getting all excited about it, but then Rounaq was laughing at me because it is so normal for them to see monkeys around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment