...Continued from previouse post...
When I arrived at the base, I had some very spicy lunch, and then started with unpacking my cello. PRAISE THE LORD that it arrived safely!! I am SOOO thankful for that. The only thing that is somewhat bothersome is that I can’t get the soundpost in. I will have to find some needle nose pliers and a few hours to work on it. In the meantime, I will have to make do without it, and hope that the tension of the strings don’t break the cello without it.
That afternoon we went to the Lonavala market to buy some things. WOW! That was such the experience. There are so many small shops that sell all sorts of different things. There are no sidewalks, and the traffic is (like I said) crazy. It’s also dirty, somewhat smelly, and loud, and there are random chickens, dogs, and cows roaming wherever they want. I am so glad I went with other Indians who knew what they were doing! They helped me buy my needed supplies, negotiating with the salesmen and everything. I am SO THANKFUL for them doing that! I was so lost about where to go, and how to buy things!
That brings up another point. Everyone here is so helpful and friendly and welcoming! I’m sure there will be issues sometimes, but as it is, everyone is settling in with each other fairly well. I love them already!
I am staying in a room with four other girls. Three are from Nagaland (they look like they could be Asian), and one is from Orisis (sp?). There are two other rooms with girls, and in one of them is an American! Her name is Sarah, and she’s from Idaho. Her and I are the only two westerners in the DTS (but there are some others in the university, and as staff) and we are so happy to have each other!
There is so much more that I could say, but that will have to wait till futre posts. Sorry if I am late with responding to e-mails, facebook, and everything. I am finding it hard to get time to!
Prayer Requests:
- please pray that I will get enough rest, and that my body will be able to adjust to the new environment
- Also, that I will continue to make strong connections with the peole here.
- That I will be able to focus on Jesus more than my own uncomfortabilities, and that I will be able to absorb everything that is being taught.
God bless you all!!!
4 comments:
Yay! You made it! Glad your cello did too!
Will remember you!
I'm so happy you made it!! Wish you the best!!
Zoe, I'm so glad that you get to be in India. My first trip to India was about 12 yrs ago and still a highlight of my life. God loves India and so do I.
thanks guys! ya I'm loving it here! :D
where in India did you go, Charmaine?
Post a Comment